Maverick Publishing Specialists Ltd., are delighted to announce that Nancy Roberts, ex-Academic Global Operations Director at Cambridge University Press, has agreed to join its Senior Management Team to head up their Technology and Content, Strategy and Operational Support division, effective immediately.
Roberts joined Maverick as a Senior Associate in March 2017, and over the last 14 months has delivered numerous board and senior level consultancy assignments for a wide range of clients. Whilst continuing to supply consultancy support to Maverick Publisher customers worldwide, Roberts will now also provide strategic guidance for, and oversee development of, Maverick’s fastest growing division.
She will work with Martin Marlow, Maverick’s President, and David Thew, Maverick’s Commercial Director, to review and expand the range of the Companies’ consultancy and support offerings in all areas of Content and Technology, as well as advise and oversee the development of Maverick’s Tech and Content consultants and support teams in all regions.
Particular focus will be placed on enhancing Mavericks offerings in:
- Board-level Digital and Data Strategy development and review, including market landscape reviews and implementation planning
- Existing Product lifecycle management, enhancement and expansion – including analysis of existing product / product portfolio lifecycles, underpinning technology capability assessment and production and ERP systems reviews
- New Product Development, ideation and research (including working with Maverick Marketing Support teams of branding, messaging and launch) through to development and delivery
- Competitor and new market entrant analysis and capability assessment
- RFP development and vendor selection process management across all technology and content types, providers, and platforms
- Content and Production Workflow analysis and improvement
- Taxonomy and Metadata development and management
- Operational / Implementation (project-based or fixed term) Project Management and BA support
- UX / UI, discoverability and accessibility reviews, testing and delivery
- Proof of Concept, specialist / rich media product, and web enabled demo / tutorial / website development
Spanning the last 20 years, Nancy has worked in a variety of production and operations roles across publishing. Her experience encompasses a wide spectrum of sectors, from children’s to trade to academic, culminating in her last full time role as Academic Global Operations Director at Cambridge University Press, during which time she spent time working out of the Hong Kong office and travelling extensively in Asia, Europe and the US. Resultantly, her global view of the publishing industry, and a uniquely broad perspective gained from across the different sectors in which she has worked, has proved invaluable to Maverick clients.
Nancy is passionate about helping businesses to solve problems and deliver sustainable profitability and process efficiency. She specializes in operations strategy and execution; process design and improvement; delivering operational efficiency and profitability; digital workflows; metadata and content enrichment and dissemination; organizational design; supply chain management; outsourcing and offshoring strategies; project management; and knowledge management. Via her parallel company, Business Inclusivity, she is also a leading proponent of the growing Inclusivity and Equality movement in Publishing (which Maverick is also actively supporting), backed by her PhD in Postcolonial Feminist Literary Theory, and current EMBA studies at Cranfield University.
Martin Marlow, President of Maverick Publishing Specialists, commented, “Nancy has been an increasingly influential member of our Senior Associate team since she started, and I am thrilled to have her join our senior management team to oversee the development of this rapidly expanding area of our consultancy and operational support business. I have been talking to Nancy about it for a little while, as it just seemed the natural “next step” in both what she was providing to our customers as well as the Company. I am really looking forward to the future of our Technology and Content Division, with the massive depth and breadth of strategic and operational experience and knowledge Nancy provides”.
Roberts added “I’m absolutely delighted to be taking on this new and exciting role leading what has rapidly become a key development area for Maverick, as well as an increasingly important one for our customers. The breadth of skills and experience within Maverick is unrivalled in the industry and I greatly look forward to working with Martin, David and the whole team to ensure we are delivering high-quality, cutting edge and market-leading strategic and operational support to our many clients”.