On Tuesday the 8th of March the ALPSP seminar Standing on the Digits of Giants: Research data, preservation and innovation, organised by Maverick Fiona Murphy, will take place in London.
This seminar will examine emerging trends in scholarly communication from the perspective of the publication and long-term access to the scholarly record. This includes outputs not traditionally included within the primary scientific canon such as metadata, software and research data.
The day will include contributions from:
• Phill Jones, Head of Publisher Outreach, Digital Science
• Peter Burnhill, Director of EDINA and Head of Edinburgh University Data Library
• Mike Taylor, Senior Product Manager, Infometrics, Elsevier
• Josh Brown, ORCID
• Dr Matthew Addis, CTO, Arkivum
• Wendy White, Associate Director (Research Engagement), Hartley Library, Southampton University
• Sarah Callaghan, Senior Research Scientist at STFC and Editor-in-Chief of Data Science Journal
For more information and booking see the ALPSP website: http://www.alpsp.org/Events-Training/Standing-on-the-Digits-of-Giants/31078