We have worked with our client, a major STM publisher, on a number of significant projects over the last two years. Engaging with all areas of the marketing organization (both library side and author side) in Europe, US and Asia Pacific, we have supplied both strategic and marketing communications support, delivering effective marketing messages to all their various customer groups.
Our initial engagement began with a request to provide strategic marketing support regarding their market positioning. Despite a strong and growing customer base, our client wished to re-develop and re-position the branding of one of their major product offerings – as well as ensure that this re-positioning remained closely applied to their overall corporate brand. Further, they also wanted to understand how their products and services could be positioned to encourage further sales, whilst extending their “leading edge status” in the market.
Maverick was approached to undertake a strategic review of their current market messaging, positioning, brand values and materials and generate proposals that would outline how these could be re-positioned, enhanced and expanded in line with more recent (digital) market developments.
We created a top-level market positioning strategy that identified how messaging could be improved and updated to enable the client to extend its leading position into the future as well as stay ahead of competitive response.
This strategy included:
- Revising the existing market messaging
- Developing a new market positioning and subsequent top-level messaging and delivery tactics.
- Adapting this messaging according to customer type, user type and geography to promote both publisher and product benefits in a manner tailored to their specific and differing needs. Customer types included academic and corporate libraries as well as end users.
- Reviewing and suggesting alternative solutions for graphics and graphical representation to bring the visual elements up to date and in line with the new market positioning and messages.
The project proved to be a success and was rolled out (with Maverick assistance) on a global level. Maverick was further engaged to copy write and create the subsequent marketing materials for each of the identified stakeholders and take the messaging the market.
Today we continue to provide ongoing support across a number of areas, including:
- Creating and generating eNewsletters distributed to all their customer and author groups
- Copywriting brochures, data sheets, presentations and web copy for a number of products and services – tailored (as appropriate) for authors, societies, libraries, faculty and end users (researchers and students).
- Generating whitepapers, articles, outreach PR and further market messaging strategy plans to assist the further development and “thought leadership” positioning of their product and content brands.
- Conducting a wide range of market research projects, questionnaires and perception surveys to scope potential new market sectors and regions (and identify additional opportunities in existing markets)
- Providing additional strategic support, plans and materials for establishing a market presence and sales growth within these new sectors and regions
We have been privileged to be able to act as part of the marketing team for this client and we look forward to continuing our relationship.
Maverick understands our business and have listened very well to our needs. We have done a wide range of projects with them, from small copy writing projects to large strategic projects, and they have proven to be effective for us. They are happy to adapt to the scale required and always work within our capabilities and budget.